On 24 January, 2019, Vietnam-Australia School, Hanoi
was honored to be the first school in Vietnam recognized as a Cambridge
Assessment English Partnership School.
Mrs Cheng Pier Lim, the Director of Cambridge
Assessment, Cambridge University in South Asia and Pacific awarded the
Letter of Recognition to Mrs Dong Thi Lan, the Chairperson of Vietnam-Australia
School, Hanoi and this special event was witnessed by Mr Phung Xuan Nha, the
Minister of Education and Training, Mr Tran Ngoc An, Ambassador of the
Vietnamese Embassy in the UK and Northern Ireland, Mrs Nguyen Thi Mai Huu, Head
of the Department of Commerce and Investment, British Embassy in Vietnam.
Present from Cambridge University were Mrs Eillís
Ferran, Vice Principal of Cambridge University, Mr Saul Nassé, Chief Executive
of Cambridge Assessment and many senior leaders of Cambridge Assessment English
and Cambridge Assessment International Education. This ceremony also welcomed
many delegates from universities, high schools and enterprises in Viet Nam.
To be recognized as a partner school of the English
Testing Council of Cambridge University, VAS Hanoi has gone through a strict
review and evaluation process with a series of criteria set by Cambridge
- Number of students: Minimum number of students is
- Was recognized by Cambridge Assessment International
Education or other International School Accreditation Organisation.
- Has been registered as a Official Training Center of
Cambridge Assessment English.
- Have highly-qualified international teachers who have
teaching certificates of Cambridge Assessment such as CELTA, CELT-P, CELT-S,
- Students have been studying with materials from
Cambridge University Press.
- Students are allowed to participate in Cambridge
examinations in Primary, Secondary and High School.
- Manage the teaching program of Cambridge Assessment
International Education and exams of Cambridge Assessment English and follow
strict regulations of Cambridge Assessment English.
Mrs Cheng Pier Lim, the Director of Cambridge Assessment,
Cambridge University in South Asia and Pacific awarded the Letter of
Recognition to Mrs Dong Thi Lan, the Chairperson of Vietnam-Australia School,
Being a partner of Cambridge Assessment English, VAS
Hanoi has many benefits:
- Featured in at least one joint exam centre/preparation
centre article per year on the regional Cambridge English website.
- Invitations to the annual Regional Partners Meeting as
an Exam Centre guest.
- Teachers are invited to join the Cambridge Assessment
English Teacher’s Facebook page where they can receive free student activities
to use in the classroom every month.
- Teachers/School Administrators are invited to the
annual Cambridge Assessment English Preparation Centre Leaders Conference at
- Teachers will receive a Cambridge Assessment English
Teachers Badge to display on their LinkedIn or other social media (if they
complete the online teacher training).
- Parents will receive free sample exam papers
from Cambridge Assessment English.
- Cambridge English representatives will attend school
ceremonies at least once a year.
- Top students taking Cambridge English exams in the
school will be awarded a separate certificate to recognize their achievement.
- Access to official merchandise.
As a Partner School of Cambridge Assessment
English, VAS Hanoi once again affirms its position and the quality of English
programs. This will be a great motivation for VAS Hanoi to continue contributing
to grow a generation of Vietnamese students so that they are able to use
English fluently, be active in learning and ready to integrate into the world
of global education.